3/14/15

I found out I love myself

         I used to always wear my hair in a ponytail, it felt comfortable and easy in the morning when I was in a hurry, and it seems like I always was in a rush. When I started high school I used to have so many insecurities, and I was so afraid of getting bullied, since I moved schools and I really didn't know no one there. I was always an antisocial person, too shy to speak and especially to speak with boys. A few years back (3 years and 3 days actually), I met a boy on the internet and we started to talk daily for hours and hours, back then I had just lost my grandma and was trying to recover and this boy made me open up. I never experienced this kind of friendship, but we were so far from each other. It felt like I finally found someone that understands me, appreciates me and doesn't judge me. He taught me to love myself for who I am, flaws and all, he made me realize that the world is way more bigger than I thought it was, and in a way he helped me open my eyes to life. Maybe distance and the fact that our lives are so different, made us split, we still talk to each other through e-mails, and we grew and continue to grow together, but at distance. 
         Now, 3 years after I met him I finally feel like my life has a future, many things happened meanwhile, I met someone and I fell in love with him, long distance, again. Written in the stars maybe.. It's not easy, and there are days when I feel like there's no point to this, I ask myself if it's going to last, and I honestly don't know. I don't know where the 2 of us will be in the future, together or not. It's difficult and I can't control all this insecurities I have and questions that I can't give an answer to. 
        My point is, during your life, you meet people that give you confidence and make you see yourself like a human that accepts who he is, they make you wear your hair down, and they make you feel beautiful, they make you laugh and smile more often than you did before. These kind of people make me feel like my life is worth living, they make me want to make plans and dream about things I didn't dare to before. We have one life and most of us don't value it as much as we should, we question who we are and where we are heading, we question the clothes we wear, our appearence and the way we behave in public. The reality is we all have one road and one shot in this life, we either make it happen the way we want it or we make our lives depending on what others expect from us, too  afraid to speak up and make the life we always dreamt about. 

No comments:

Post a Comment