6/26/13

Turning 22

Today was my birthday. It was supposed to be a happy day, but it was actually a sad day. A few days ago 18 people were killed in a bus accident in Montenegro, and 29 suffered injuries. Some of the people that died that day were buried today. They were all Romanians. I consider it to be a freak accident and apparently the bus driver was trying to avoid some kids that were on the road and that's how the accident happened. I can't stop thinking of it, of how those people must have felt before they died, did they feel any pain? So tragic.. So I spent my birthday thinking of those people, I don't know them in person, but I think of them, and they didn't know that morning was their last day here.
I remember 4 years ago this day, Michael Jackson died, it was the day I turned 18. I will never forget that. It  was a sad day for everyone. 
I wonder what will happen next year on my birthday, will I be celebrating or mourning someone?

No comments:

Post a Comment